Sugar Maple & Beech Up!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Picture 3053 is the Sugar Maple and some Beech I had split in the woods about 3 weeks ago, picture 3052 is Beech I split today from what I cut this past winter and 3055 is it all stacked.

We will have some nice BTU's from that section which is mostly Beech and Sugar Maple for the year 2013 and out.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3053.jpg
    100_3053.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 322
  • 100_3052.jpg
    100_3052.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_3055.jpg
    100_3055.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 314
Wow those are large splits! Zap, how do you burn through all the wood? You have so much!

joefrompa said:
Wow those are large splits! Zap, how do you burn through all the wood? You have so much!

Joe on the split size I do a combination of big and small. Mother Nature puts most of it on the ground so I just try and get it before it rots.

Zap

Zap
In your last picture, the first stack, all the way on the left, seems to be leaning about 2 degrees to the left. Are you sure you are feeling OK?

-PB- said:
Zap
In your last picture, the first stack, all the way on the left, seems to be leaning about 2 degrees to the left. Are you sure you are feeling OK?

Yes it is PB, I was feeling so bad about it I sold (the ironwood) today along with another four cord. Speaking of leaning in pic 2789 I sold the six racks today, this is the other four cord.

I needed the room for more beech (picture) and cherry I'm bucking up.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_3056.jpg
    100_3056.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 262
  • 100_2789.jpg
    100_2789.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 270
great work, you are a machine! Take a break. Have a beer on me.

-PB- said:
great work, you are a machine! Take a break. Have a beer on me.

Like my FIL would say when we worked around the camp, if you do some work each day after awhile you'll start seeing the fruits of your labor.

Happy Memorial Day

Mike

Good for you selling the 4 cord Zap. And you are very right on doing some work each day.

Hey Zap, what are you using to contain the splits in those pics?

okotoks guy said:
Hey Zap, what are you using to contain the splits in those pics?

Forgive me Sav I have sinned, okotoks guy I use 6 foot t-post.

Zap

You are forgiven Zap. Have a nice day.

Backwoods Savage said:
You are forgiven Zap. Have a nice day.

Thanks Sav.

Looks like the wind has calmed down for the night so this weekend it looks like my scrounging will start for some blow down after I take some little guys fishing in the brook.

The one little guy usually catches two brook trout when he goes, not bad for a 6 year old.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.