Sugar Maple Done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Went up top tonight and did most of the big work with a new chain on the 390 stihl 20 inch bar then picked up a load of beech on the way out.

Picture two is what it looked like before bucking it.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1069.jpg
    100_1069.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 315
  • 100_1076.jpg
    100_1076.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 305
  • 100_1077.jpg
    100_1077.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 318
  • 100_1085.jpg
    100_1085.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 342
Good work Zap. Keep it up. Cutting all those trees that are down or partially down is pretty nice when it is dry in the woods.

Backwoods Savage said:
Good work Zap. Keep it up. Cutting all those trees that are down or partially down is pretty nice when it is dry in the woods.

Will do Sav, when you get time take a look in perfect pictures and see the little guy that came walking down the trail. Mom and the other fawn were around the corner.

zap

That stuff looks ready to burn....

smokinjay said:
That stuff looks ready to burn....

Some of the smaller stuff is, once I get that area cleaned up plus split the wood I'm going after the other tree.

zap

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

Will do Sav, when you get time take a look in perfect pictures and see the little guy that came walking down the trail. Mom and the other fawn were around the corner.

zap

Great pictures Zap.

I have to tell you that a week or so ago I was coming home on my bike when out of a corn field stepped a fawn. Bigger than those you pictured. Instead of turning around and going back into the corn, he ran straight up the road past a driveway and then down a big ditch and up into a soybean field. I sat there and watched him run for over a quarter of a mile until he reached the creek on the other side of the field. Never did see mama or another fawn.

Then my wife and I were coming back home and as we turned onto our road (one lane gravel road) a doe walked out. We stopped and so did she. We sat for about 4 minutes and she finally wiggled her tail and walked into the woods....and then her fawn came across. As we started up the road, another fawn came out of the pines and crossed to catch up.

Then just a day or two ago I had a buck cross right where that doe had crossed. This time I was back on the bike. He seemed curious but finally walked off.

Nature is great....especially when you are in the woods!

Nature is great Sav, you can go in the woods and just forget about all the crap thats going on. One more night off then back in the woods, I have beech and some birch that came down so I'll check it and see if it's good or not.

zap

Enjoy the woods Zap. They have been remarkably bug free this year.

SolarAndWood said:
Enjoy the woods Zap. They have been remarkably bug free this year.

Solar we had a storm with high winds go just south of us by about 15 miles, did you get anything in Syracuse?

zap

It's been blowing and we have had a fantastic light show this evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.