Sugar Maple

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
With the cool weather and the rain stopping I decided to start cutting again, we had some small sugar maple down with a small ironwood. Bucked both up then split and will stack this week, attached are some pictures of the area I was working plus the split wood.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1604.jpg
    100_1604.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 285
  • 100_1605.jpg
    100_1605.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_1606.jpg
    100_1606.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_1607.jpg
    100_1607.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_1608.jpg
    100_1608.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 282
hows that sugar maple burn? heard its pretty good. i got bout a half cord or so of it.

ecocavalier02 said:
hows that sugar maple burn? heard its pretty good. i got bout a half cord or so of it.

Burns great, I use it for my overnight burns and always have nice coals in the morning.

zap

Should be good in a couple years in my blaze king then.

ecocavalier02 said:
Should be good in a couple years in my blaze king then.

Should season in a year, two is good.

zap

I'm workin on gettin four years ahead May not use it for 3. Lol. Starting my shed this weekend.

ecocavalier02 said:
I'm workin on gettin four years ahead May not use it for 3. Lol. Starting my shed this weekend.

Four years, I'm working on the same. I should be good before the snow hits the ground.

zap

Gee Zap. That is a lot of green on that maple. Now it really needs to dry. lol

Backwoods Savage said:
Gee Zap. That is a lot of green on that maple. Now it really needs to dry. lol

I had two that were on the ground and when I split them the bark came off.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.