Suggest Furnace options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin86

May 14, 2013
Shinnston, WV
I am looking at my options for a wood stove system that I can plumb into my existing duct work. I have considered building a OWB but think I could accomplish the same thing with something like the Vapor Fire 100 But can only find one thread with any first hand input on the unit. I am open to suggestions the factor that was steering me towards the vapor fire was the low to no smoke. wonder how efficient the vapor fire would be compared to a OWB.
Thanks
Devin

Your best bet may be posting in the actual Hearth Forum? Its a slow time of year and this Forum gets slow.

Just my 2 pennies. :)

Good luck

Hi Devin,

We have many satisfied owners on here as well as on arboristsite.com (multiple threads). You can view our website at www.lamppakuuma.com and from there checkout our Facebook page that has many users who would love to provide their feedback. Feel free to shoot us an e-mail at [email protected].

Thanks,

What is the sq ft of your house? Do you know the require BTU load? If not what is the BTU output of your current furnace? How well insulated is your house. Tell us a bit more about your ductwork, current furnace, house layout etc...

There are many fine MFG of furnaces. The unit you need depends on knowing your heating requirement.

I am probrably looking at 1100sq ft. the house is a little different it is brick exterior than a layer of insulation then a cinder block then a brick on the interior wall. The downside is that it has single pane windows we use clear plastic on those in the winter. it there is currently duct work through out the building but no heater we have heated the last two years with electric space heaters (miserable) I may be considering a fahrenheit 50F pellet stove I was looking at the vapor fire wood gasses but not sure I am just starting to cut and dont want to deal with creosote problems because I dont have a year or two on my drying at this stage.

The two products you mention are good ones. Some members on this site use them. Dexterday has the Farenheit furnace, you may want to ask him about it.

So that's a smaller house and I would assume the winters in WV are not brutal... You could look at a Mini-Caddy or Caddy EPA furnaces. (We make them) or later this summer Drolet will be introducing the Tundra and Heatmax both EPA furnaces. They will be available at most box stores and internet retailers for about $2,000.

All the best!

Reactions: DexterDay
Status
Not open for further replies.