suggestions on wood stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfishco

Jan 20, 2008
colorado
I have a 1700 square ft. house in Durango, CO. It is an open floor plan with an upstairs. I am researching dependable wood stoves for that size of home. I am looking at Lopi, Jotul, Napoleon, Englander, Osborns, Avalon, and Quadra-fire non-catalytic wood stoves. What are your suggestions on these or other stoves? I am trying to stay in the price range of near $1000, new or used. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mark

flyfishco said:
I have a 1700 square ft. house in Durango, CO. It is an open floor plan with an upstairs. I am researching dependable wood stoves for that size of home. I am looking at Lopi, Jotul, Napoleon, Englander, Osborns, Avalon, and Quadra-fire non-catalytic wood stoves. What are your suggestions on these or other stoves? I am trying to stay in the price range of near $1000, new or used. Any information is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Mark

Search the Lowes sTores within a 75 mile radius or so from you. Start close then work out, and see if they have Englander/Summers Heat stoves in stock. Then FLY there and get your stove 50% off. Just picked one up for $476.47 tax included. Down from $999.00

GO, GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.