Summer Heat 2400

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

amace

Oct 23, 2019
Pa
Hello new here. I am looking to replace my current wood stove with the summer heat 2400 from lowes but was wondering about a few things. I have read some reviews on here but was still wondering how the actually AAS works and if you can stil use it as a damper. Also if the AAS where to fail what would happen. Im sure i will think of more but these are the main 2

The AAS is just for startup. There is a thread on the first Englander Madisons that had this feature. Some of the initial models shipped with it installed incorrectly which led to a very hard to control stove. That problem resulted in some good diagnosis and photos by these owners.

Before purchasing the 50- SSW02 grab a straight-edge and check the door and body to make sure they are both flat. There have been some issues reported here with warped doors on that model.

AAS works by using the air control lever. if you want to activate it you pull out the air control lever to a certain point and then turn it. suppose to then activate once the stove hits that desired temp. havent used it yet myself -- i have the 2000 -- i prefer to control this stuff myself. if it failed to activate i assume you run the risk of an over fire because the air control would be run wide open. just run the air control manually and youll be fine. the 2000 is a great stove. the reason i chose it over the 2400 was because of many complaints over the door. didnt want to run the risk of getting one that had the issue.