summer hee 55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinglew

Dec 12, 2006
new york
install my new englander summer heat stove upstairs .have a breckwell 2000 down stairs .need info on what to set the conrtrol board setting to get the best heat output .also how long of a burn in time for the paint smell?

I agree, outside is the way to go, as it lasts a few hours, open up the windows, put a fan in it and burn it today while it is warm out!

they setting well thats something to play with last year I had no idea about them being my first year, ran it at 6-4-1 as it was set to, so far this year I moved it to 4-4-1 and seems to be good for this time of year, may have to up it when it gets colder out ???

well Im running an englander 25 pdvc, which is a bit differant (smaller) then your model summers heat but made by the same manufac. and I believe have the same control borads I could be wrong so sorry if I am. I was refering to when you are in heat setting of one or two, you can adjust the fuel feed/burn air/on air temp (4-4-1) from the bottom buttons. when running the stove in say heat setting 2 if you press one of those buttons it will display the level it is set at in the blower speed window. I would only change the fuel feed or burn air for adjustment. Mine was preset at 6-4-1 from the factory heat setting 2.... I generally always run at heat temp 2 blower 3 and use heat temp 4 blower 5 and to pick up the heat, I never turned it up past heat setting 5. when we go to bed I turn it down to heat setting 2 blower 3 and at the factory setting I was running through a hopper of pellets a night, so I turned down the feed rate to conserve pellets, yes I get less heat but its not needed during warmer periods. Also I felt at these settings there was no real differance in heat setting 2 compared to 3 . Do you understand this? iI know last year I couldn't catch on to it, but glad I finally did. BTW englander stove does tell you not to change these settings.... And I understand not changing the on air temp as that regulates the start up procedure etc, but I felt my stove was running just to darn hot on a low setting. Thats one thing I have noticed in the englander compared to my breckwell it really seems to pump out heat, to the point I'm trying to figure out if there is something wrong with the breckwell as it a bigger unit but i seem to get less heat.

Well, daily I used a large metal spoon to clean out the pot and scape it a little bit, if the stove is cool I will transfer it to a small metal bowl instead of the side "storage area" if its hot and I want to fire it right back up I dump it over to the side for my weekly cleaning. I also make sure that the holes in the pot are free and open as well as the ignitor hole. At least weekly (sometimes 2x if I'm burning really ashy pellets, I won't mention any names here) I let the stove cool completely and get out all the ash, remove the pot, clean all ash out of it, remove the plate on the back wall and clean behind there. I do use just a normal shop vac shhhhh. don't tell on me, but I make sure it is cool and then I emtpy the vac into a small metal trash can and shake out the filter after Im done then leave it outside just in case ;) There's the burn pot gasket you need to be careful of and do yourself a favor order a few for the season all at once. This takes me about 15 min at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.