Summer is Coming Fast!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
One of the few times so far this Spring, I didn't light a fire in the stove last night. I should have though, which is what I thought as I lit the fire while shivering this morning. The air is still dry so the nighttime lows get pretty cool. But not for long! The humidity will come soon enough and the lows will be warmer. The forecast is for daytime highs of mid to upper 80s by Sunday!

I've been fishing:
IMG_7380%20(800x600).jpg

IMG_7385%20(800x600).jpg

Enjoying the warmer evenings:
IMG_7358%20(800x600).jpg

Moon%2005-15-10%20(800x600).jpg

Visiting with old friends around the firepit:
IMG_7371%20(800x600).jpg

And listening to the tree-frogs sing:

Attachments

• IMG_7380%20(800x600).jpg
    IMG_7380%20(800x600).jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 90
Sweet Quads

I love the fire ring. I am ready to drain my pond the frogs are driving me crazy. But at least now I know not to build my cabin near one!

Billy

I love the sound of frogs! Those are tree-frogs, they're all around the place.

The fire ring was Mrs. Quads' birthday present last month. We got it at Farm and Fleet and it also has a grill that attaches to it. Works great! Before that we always used a truck rim surrounded by rocks.

I love the sound of those peeping tree frogs. There was a swamp across the street from my childhood home. Whenever I hear them, the sound brings me right back home.

We have a little "pond" (actually more of a wallow) near the house and it's home to all sorts of amphibious life. I love listening to them at night; it's fun to hear the calls change throughout the season. But my favorite is the first time I hear the spring peepers, usually mid-April

(we found a big Milk Snake in the leaf mold bin out back the other day, all of 3' long. They're really pretty. And there is a Garter snake not quite that large that hunts around the back edge of the pond).

We don't have many snakes around. Sometimes a little green grass snake or a garter snake. Not far from here there used to be rattlesnakes (the bluff where they lived is even named for them), but if there are any left, it's very few.

Status
Not open for further replies.