Summer is halfway done...what have you been up to?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. There are several other gardens here. I recently had the place appraised, taxes too high. The appraiser said all the landscaping had the potential to lower the value of the home because of the demanding maintenance required to keep the landscaping in condition. I recently had a huge hemlock hedge removed because I am no longer able to trim it. A landscaper quoted me $400 to trim it. So down it came. I am putting a split rail cedar fence in its place and will line that with perineal plants that are low maintenance.

I agree its some beautiful work! Sad that you have such a tax issue.

Louis buddy, stop taking on those windmill contracts!

I went to the Bio-Parc 2 weeks ago with the family. I loved it!!!

I may be moving in the next year or so. A couple of other DIvisions (provinces) have asked if I want to move there. It will be discussed with the family (aka wife) and see if I can get released by my Division (province) to go....Take it easy and relax!

Andrew
Andrew, you were 500 feet from my place. You should have stoppes by ! ( ok, ok, there is a 99% chance that I was not there).

The bio-parc is nice, we have our seasonal pass and the wife goes there oftenly with the kids. But to me, the time to visit is it is doing march break, when the open for that 1 week in the winter. All the animals have there thick ahinny fur and they are a lot more active. But seeing a wildcat licking is lips while looking at your 3 year old avross the fence is something diffrent as well ( i just hope they won't break loose and end up in my ward.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Andrew, you were 500 feet from my place. You should have stoppes by ! ( ok, ok, there is a 99% chance that I was not there).

The bio-parc is nice, we have our seasonal pass and the wife goes there oftenly with the kids. But to me, the time to visit is it is doing march break, when the open for that 1 week in the winter. All the animals have there thick ahinny fur and they are a lot more active. But seeing a wildcat licking is lips while looking at your 3 year old avross the fence is something diffrent as well ( i just hope they won't break loose and end up in my ward.
Hey buddy!

Ha ha. I knew you lived close to it. I just didnt know what house!

It was impressive to see Mountain Lions roar like..well, a mountain! I am not the biggest fan of zoos but how else can we teach kids hands on? And I found the insectarium was great as well! Stick bugs, scarabs, etc etc.

A

Status
Not open for further replies.