Summer Project - Auto Feed Englander PUF-25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making a feed system to convey my pellets from one corner of the garage to the other, into the Englander, with a dust containment system to filter fines, auto refill so I never have to open the hopper. And the entire system will cost less than $100.00. That's my new summer project, pic soon.

What's your summer project?

smwilliamson said:
I'm making a feed system to convey my pellets from one corner of the garage to the other, into the Englander, with a dust containment system to filter fines, auto refill so I never have to open the hopper. And the entire system will cost less than $100.00. That's my new summer project, pic soon.

What's your summer project?

My summer project is to see how yours turns out :)

Reactions: mralias
Hello Scott

Without seeing any pictures, will it look like this??? LOL

Is it like the Class M-3 Model B9, General Utility Non-Theorizing Environmental Control Robot, which had no given name that protected Will Robinson? Danger Danger Those other wood pellets are non-premium grade, low quality made of recycled construction materials like Infernos!!!

Attachments

• AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    AutoFeedPelletsSC.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 405
Here is my Sifter... Its far from automatic.. My project, is getting the Englander 30-NC in my basement installed and getting a Englander 25-PDV installed in my Fathers house. Along with the 15 yards of mulch and thousands of Tree's, Shrub's, and Flower's my Wife wants me to Plant, Spread, Etc.. Already made 2 Rock Islands and filled them with Mulch and Plants. Got one more to do. Did my Wood area in Landscaping Timbers and River Rock. Been a "Busy Bee" doing all kinds of Projects.

Got any Pics Scott? Remember... Pics... Or it never happened. LOL

Attachments

• My Pellet Sifter.jpg
    My Pellet Sifter.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG00639-20110702-1632.jpg
    IMG00639-20110702-1632.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG00674-20110707-1633.jpg
    IMG00674-20110707-1633.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 363
  • 8 Stacks. Done and seasoning..jpg
    8 Stacks. Done and seasoning..jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 388
Hi Scott

Still waiting for pics (Before and After)

Also could it look like this? :)

If so do you have to turn the crank that makes the boot kick the bucket to get the ball rolling sort of speak?? LOL

Attachments

• mousetrap2.jpg
    mousetrap2.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 311
Hello Scott

On a serious note:

Since you may get alot more fines with a bulk storage system, Many people use the Mobile CornVac because it also works well for wood pellets

http://cornvac.com/mobile.html

All you need is a good Silo or Storage bin and some heavy suction like a big shop vac.

Attachments

• Mobile CornVac.jpg
    Mobile CornVac.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 315
Yeah, I have seen the corn vac. It's kinda expensive for what it is. My system will actually feed into the stove when I'm done. Still trying to work out the technical issues and get this dude I know to pay for the prototype. (which is serving to be harder than actually building it).

Not to worry, pics will follow. Here a pic of a component.

flatAugerGroup.jpg

http://www.tech3mfg.com/augerscasing.html

smwilliamson said:
Yeah, I have seen the corn vac. It's kinda expensive for what it is. My system will actually feed into the stove when I'm done. Still trying to work out the technical issues and get this dude I know to pay for the prototype. (which is serving to be harder than actually building it).

flatAugerGroup.jpg

What about pellet storage?

http://www.woodpellets.com/bulk-delivery/bulk-storage-solutions.aspx

Attachments

• pelletstorage.jpg
    pelletstorage.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 247
Hi Scott

How about this?

Here is my Invention.

The “Wood Pellet Pulley†system

Just clip it onto the bag and pull the rope or a more expensive motorized unit, just press the button.

Then move the bag over the stove on the overhead track or a close line type line.

Then slit open the bottom right over the open hopper!!!

See pic below!

Now serving “Stove Chow†- Hoist away!!

Attachments

• WoodPelletPulley.jpg
    WoodPelletPulley.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 250
Don2222 said:
smwilliamson said:

flatAugerGroup.jpg

What about pellet storage?

http://www.woodpellets.com/bulk-delivery/bulk-storage-solutions.aspx

My thoughts on storage...

Making some kind of conveyor system requires some type of bulk storage bin. It can be anything really. You could fashion one out of plywood and store it in the 2 foot gap between the doors in a double garage. When people finally accept centralized pellet boilers or furnaces we can then talk about bulk delivery. Of coarse when you talk bulk delivery you are now limiting "choice" from the pellet fuel. If there are 200 flavors or pellets available in bags you can bet there is only about 2 -3 viable options for bulk delivery. Making a bulk storage container needs to assume that folks are going to fill it with pellets from a bag, especially if they are burning stoves. Stove really require a quality pellet, while more sophisticated boilers will accommodate commercial grade pellets or better. For these reasons, it's not so practical to lift 2 or 3 hundred bags up 17 feet into a silo. A medium size bulk storage bin about 4 feet high and made from basic construction materials that you would store in a shed, garage or basement just makes the most sense.

How's the project coming? Any updates?

Still waiting for pics?

Reactions: smoke show
Status
Not open for further replies.