Summer Roll Back!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Nugget

Jul 2, 2008
So. ME
90 degrees outside and they're still pushing pellets by the bag. Paint on one side and window fans on the other. If that's the summer price, I wonder what the winter price will be.

Attachments

• pellets.jpg
    pellets.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 517
Nature's heat for $300/ ton. They're on crack! Maybe a bag here and there for the BBQers but I think that they are going to be sitting on them for some time.

Guess they think that the "Unbeatable Prices" sign will lure some poor sad uninformed purchaser . . . .when the temperature outside is 90 degrees . . . . .

Ranger

the old ranger said:
Guess they think that the "Unbeatable Prices" sign will lure some poor sad uninformed purchaser . . . .

Ranger

I agree.

Was in Lowes the other day and noticed they had 6 ton of Green Team sitting
around with a huge clearance sign on them for the same price.
$5.89 a bag or $289 a ton.

I won't touch em at that price, but bet they will be gone in a few weeks.

Seems to me as some people will pay these prices so the bigbox places continue to sell them as if it was in the midst of heating season. With people buying they will keep selling!

Know way in heck would I pay prices like this! Every pellet house I know of has pellets at spring buy prices! But we are educated and know better. If we see another pellet burner grabbibg them we should set them straight and tell them were to get some better deals! Best to inform them of this great site as well!

The only other explaination(I can think of) is the food grade pellets are very pricey. Maybe they think these NON FOOD GRADE pellets are the same thing??? As far as I know the bigbox store consider all pellets to be the same and most think they all come from the same place too! Don't even think of using these to cook with! Who knows what the heck is in these low grade left over crap!

Just my 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.