Summer Woodstove User

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oregon Bigfoot

Feeling the Heat
May 21, 2011
Northwest Oregon
It was about 53 degrees outside last night at 9 PM and raining, so I fired up the woodstove with a couple uglies, to get the chill off inside the house. I can't remember ever firing up the woodstove this late in June.

I woke up this morning, and the house was only 67::F inside, even after burning for a couple hours last night. :p

I'm tired of JUNE-UARY. You guys back east and in Alaska/Canada, would you mind sharing some of the warmth? :confused: :mad: :) On the flip side, no bugs! >> You guys can keep those.

Last summer, with same conditions, I fired up the stove about September 17.

trade ya. supposed to be 101 here thurs.

These air conditioners are easier to feed than a stove. And shoveling humidity is easier than shoveling snow.

Reactions: n3pro
These air conditioners are easier to feed than a stove. And shoveling humidity is easier than shoveling snow.

Speak for yourself BB, the 'lectric bill for the shop & house with ac in the house only will peg @ $ 400.00 + this month, & prolly next too if the weather guys are right. At this point I'd almost rather be feeding the stove.::-) A C

Reactions: Backwoods Savage

I like the way you think BB. (disclaimer: not always) LOL But I agree, I enjoy all the seasons and if it is going to be summer lets have it hot.

I do the same thing if we get in the 50s with rain.
Takes the chill off& gives me some comfort knowing I'm putting the stove to good year round use :)
Sometimes I test burn some different aged wood to see how well it burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.