Summer's Heat 50-SHSS Model W01 from Lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dsparil

May 31, 2021
Poconos, PA
Alright I'm the same newbie who posted about the Englander 17-VL and well they don't make them anymore, but I do have room for a W01 Summer's Heat 50 made by Englander. Anyone else have this stove? Has it served them well?

I understand that there was, indeed, some issues with the hinges breaking?

I have the space in the corner next to my propane fireplace for one. I measured it out last night.

Also, anyone know where to find some stylish spark and ember pads? Or am I stuck with actual hearth pads if I want something that looks nice?

If it were me, I'd make sure that the issues others have had has been taken care of. To be honest I wouldn't buy one. That doesn't mean they're all bad but still. Look at a Drolet instead. Just an opinion.

Reactions: Highbeam
Yeah I was looking ar the drolet deco nano. It's only 600 feet i gotta heat. 850 sqft total is the house. Deco Nano is lighter in weight too.

Second bedroom is a workshop so not worried about it so there goes 200 sqft.

It's a small chalet in the woods.

Reactions: begreen
I've had this stove for a few years now, its not a bad stove, the larger version had some issues with the door hinges not being adjustable, I like it, was affordable and has done the job of heating our house in the adirondacks. As a big black box it's not the prettiest stove but the big window gives an amazing view of the fire, spend more time watching that then the tv most of the time. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Yeah I was looking ar the drolet deco nano. It's only 600 feet i gotta heat. 850 sqft total is the house. Deco Nano is lighter in weight too.

Second bedroom is a workshop so not worried about it so there goes 200 sqft.

It's a small chalet in the woods.
I've had this stove for a few years now, its not a bad stove, the larger version had some issues with the door hinges not being adjustable, I like it, was affordable and has done the job of heating our house in the adirondacks. As a big black box it's not the prettiest stove but the big window gives an amazing view of the fire, spend more time watching that then the tv most of the time. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.
So it's definitely held up then. I don't worry about looks lol. They all look the same to me. You have any problems with replacing firebricks? All I need is the WO1. I have a feeling even that is overkill for my place.

The largest predecessor in this series is the one with the problem door. The hinges weren't the worst of it. The big issue was warped doors that couldn't seal right. The small and medium-sized versions were ok.

That's what I wanted to know. Means I can go pick it up at Lowes and save myself a ton on shipping. I guess the nice thing is, I'm hoping they'll let me inspect it before I walk out with it.

For peace of mind, if possible, do the dollar bill test at multiple points around the door gasket.