Summers Heat 50-SHSSW01

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the new-last-year Englander Madison. It is between the 30NC and 13NC in size. There are a few reviews here. So far folks seem to like it though it is not quite as good looking as the 30NC IMO, but it does heat well.

PS: That's a decent price. Thanks for the heads up.

Its funny that this post is up.I went to my local Lowes store this evening and they had this stove.I had been wanting to see one.I like the looks of it and also like that you can adjust the door to make it tighter against the rope gasket.I like the large window in the door and it has good height as well.

I also saw one at my local Lowes this past weekend. If you can get the military discount and/or one of their $25 off coupons it would be a great deal on one. Personally I just can't get past the industrial look. Not a bad looking stove, but not near as "nice" looking as a lot of others. It's also too tall for my hearth as the top of the stove would be taller than the half wall and counter behind it. Just wouldn't look right. But for a 2 cu ft stove it's a great price and I'm sure a solid product like you'd typically find from Englander.

we should be fielding a larger version of that unit pretty soon as well as a smaller version similar to the 13-nc in coverage. all should have "ember protection only" floor protection requirements.

Mike - what size of firebox will the larger version be sporting?

its gonna be at least 3.5 I believe , the stove is Huge. i'll have to check with R&D to find out for certain. i'll post it when I get that info

By the way, the unit will have a "roll top" similar to the 30-nc top and the door is sporting an even larger glass than the Madison has. be like watching a fire on a movie screen

thing looks like a tall 30 on steroids, ash pan pulls from front unlike Madison which pulls from the side. has the same type of "trigger" setup. huge glass, rolled step top like the 30, will be ember only floor protection as far as I know. 6 inch flue opening.

when I get a chance (and I get my dang phone back from Samsung GRRRRR) i'll shoot a pic or two and post thm

Reactions: Jags
Sounds great Mike. Looking forward to seeing the new models. Will they both have AAS? Hope they will put a more classic looking door on the big guy. The Madison's door looks a bit industrial.

actually the door will look just like the Madison, but the bolt on hinges will not be there , back to the standard way we have done it for years.

I did check on firebox size and it is 3.0 CF But this is a legit under the baffle only 3 cubic ft. so its a cavern in there

Thanks Mike. May I suggest they offer a nicer cast iron door as an optional upgrade?

Any details on the smaller version?

it would be nice but would be surprisingly expensive to field. the "optional" door would have to match the stock door exactly on the inside or it would change the actual firebox volume thus potentially change the burn characteristics of the firebox.(probably not much if any, but the stove would have to be retested which is a bit pricy.

Any new info on these new models? Englanders website doesn't even list the Madison as a model. When will these new stoves be available? I am very intrested in the AAS feature!!
Thanks joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.