summers heat 55shpep cleaning - blower starting to make noise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northeast bob

Nov 21, 2013
North East MA.
When you pull out the ash pan I noticed a small square plate on each side. On the parts list they are called exhaust clean out covers. Should I be removing them and vacuum out behind them ?

Thanks

Yes, you need to check them every so often so they don't get filled up with ash.....maybe check every half ton or so....

Yes this is my first year. I have burned about (20) bags so far. I shut down and vac and clean the burnpot everyday. Once a week I have dropped the heat exhanger plate and clean behind there. If ash goes down the holes on the shelf under the exchanger tubes where does it go ?

I love the stove and I haven't even started my oil fired boiler yet, even this weekend when it was windy and down to 15 degrees the pellet stove did fine.

The ash can settle anywhere through the exhaust and vent but that's why those "traps" are there so you can clean it....Harbor freight has a great, cheap brush kit that works great to get in there during a full stove clean-out.....$4.99...even cheaper with a coupon....

image_15279.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.