Summers Heat AND Englander - Is there a difference

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zanp

Dec 4, 2007
Asheville NC
I know that Summers Heat is manufactured by the Englander company. My local Lowes sells Summers Heat stoves while my local Home Depot sells Englander wood stoves. Are these essentially the same stove with different names depending on the big box store it is sold in?

Marketing and exterior cosmetics from what I can tell. Inside, all the same. But calling Mike to the front desk for the final word.

The Summers Heat stoves are cheaper right now in my local stores which is why i asked. I don't want to buy an inferior stove but if they are the same, obviously I go with the cheaper option.

Exactly the same stoves. Lowe's and HD have different color trim pieces is the only difference. They are sold as Englander, Summers Heat and TimberRidge at different outlets.

there is no difference other than the trim package, lowes carries summers heat and they carry a brushed nickle trim for all stock stoves, depot carries englander line and brass trim. other vendors carry summers heat with a different brass trim set. we also have a "timberridge" line which is carried in the US by independant "mom & pop" dealers , and in canada at Canadian Tire stores. but no , there is no "high end" or "low end" line in our product lines, the blank hulls are absolutely identical prior to being finished out and labeled.

Summers Heat at Lowes during end of season sale.........50% off at $476.00
Englander at Home Depot during end of season sale........no discount that I remember last year, before that sale price $900.00.
Now HD just keeps them in stock till the following year. Seen em high on the rack all year long, should be coming down to the floor soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.