Summers Heat outside air

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chet0729

Aug 22, 2008
Central MA
First post, looks like a great forum

Question, I just purchased a Summers Heat 55 model and the instructions say it requires outside air. My house is 1950's and far from tight. IThe stove is going in the basment . I have a garage under house and was wondering if I could pull fresh air from the garage instead of outside as the garage is far from tight.
I see that the whole fresh air thing has been beaten to death here but would like an opinion.
Thanks in advance

Chet

pulling outside air from a garage is not recommended , and is likely not code compliant due to flammable liquids being stored there. if you have an issue finding a way to get outside air to your unit PM me and we can discuss it , or call my shop (800-245-6489)and let one of my techs discuss it with you to find a compliant way to do it. it is important to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.