Summers Heat Pellet Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BFisher

Aug 17, 2008
West Virginia
Has anyone had a Summers Heat Pellet Stove from Lowe's ? Model 55-SHP10L. Will heat 1500 sqft. Their current price is $1299 . Is that about average for that brand of stove?
We have an Enviro Pellet Stove which does ok, but nothing to write home about. I am looking for another stove for my kitchen. It is block and stays chilly.
We don't have real good insulation in this house-it's very old. The Environ will keep my living room warm which is about a 12x15 room.
We used to heat with kerosene for the kitchen, but can't afford it this year. My parents used to have a Warm Morning Pot Belly stove in the kitchen and the flue is still there. I would have vent the stove through that. I know the pipe would have to come out of the stove at an angle, but then it will have to go up about 14 feet. Does anyone know if it will draw ok?
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

The flue is about 6" in diameter. The outside"chimney"part is just terra cotta. My husband was going to use triple wall pipe to go up through the flue.

Status
Not open for further replies.