Summers Heat Room Blower Fading??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
Hi All
I am hoping that someone can help to see if my Englander 55sph-22 room blower may be going out on me. I have been running it for just over a year now and it has performed flawlessly! Recently however, I have noticed that I can no longer "feel" the air coming out of the top as much as I previously had. You now have to be literally right on it to feel any of the air. I am, and have been running it at between 7 and 9 blower speed. I don't know if this is part of the problem...too much "use"? I run it on feed rate of 1 and the blower like I said between 7-9...this seemed to give me more heat while not using a whole lot of pellets. Do you guys think that I need a new blower from Englander..or is there some adjustments I can make? Thanks for all replies in advance!

I'd recommend giving the room blower a good cleaning before you do anything else. In a years time, especially if you have pets, that blower can become really dirty which can slow it down. If cleaning it doesn't fix the problem give Mike at ESW a shout.

Definately give it a good cleaning first. I can see dust bunnies on mine and really want to go in there and clean it, but I'm getting close to the end of our heating season (hopefully), and am trying to see if I can make it last until then, and only have to clean it once... I'm lazy, what can I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.