Summers heat won't start

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kdp7462

Jan 10, 2007
Hi All,
I am hoping for a different answer than I think I am going to get...but here goes. I have a 2200sq foot version of the england/summers heat pellet stove. This AM I went to start the stove up and nothing happened. No power it seems to the control board. I switched plugs, took off the surge protector and still nothing. No numbers come on. I hit On and nothing....so....I am assuming a control board needs to be replaced. Is there another option that I am not thinking of? Those suckers are expensive! Thankfully we are at the end or near the end of the heating season, so I can hold off buying one. Any suggestions? Does it sound like a control board? Can I rewire to confirm one way or another? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

There is a 6 amp quick blow fuse on the back of the control board. Is it blown?

Yes there is power to the plug. If the fuse is blown, how would I tell?? I know next to nothing when it comes to the electrical aspect of things. I can turn a wrench with the best of em, but I am clueless to the programing and stuff.

thanks your your help so far!

It is a glass tube fuse that looks like the ones they used to use in cars. If it is blown there will be a gap in the center of the wire where it burned through. You will see it through the glass. There is a picture of the location of the fuse in your manual.

And on the first page of the manual is the toll free phone number of Technical Support who can walk you through trouble shooting the starting problem. Free.

If the fuse is blown, you may not be able to see the wire inside the fuse at all as it sometimes turns the glass of the fuse silver or gray. There should be a replacement fuse taped to the side of the control board. Make SURE you unplug the unit before attempting any repair on the control board. If it's a blown fuse, check to see if you can find the cause? Was there a power surge at your house? If not, check for wires shorting out because of missing insulation, blower and auger motors that could contain a short, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.