summersheat 55-SHP22 feed rate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chet0729

Aug 22, 2008
Central MA
I purchased one of these this year and it seems to work well. Almost to wel. I just started running it and even on the lower settings it is pushing the temp in the house to 73 or so and 40 LBs seems to last about 18 hours or so.
My question is on the 2 settings temp and fan, what effect do either or both have on the feed rate and also is there a way using the secret 3 buttons to trim this feed rate down. I really don't want to get into turning the stove off and on to regulate the temperature.

Thanks
Chet

Chet,

You should contact Englander to get this info to be on the safe side. You can call them or email Mike Holton [email protected].

chet0729 said:
I purchased one of these this year and it seems to work well. Almost to wel. I just started running it and even on the lower settings it is pushing the temp in the house to 73 or so and 40 LBs seems to last about 18 hours or so.
My question is on the 2 settings temp and fan, what effect do either or both have on the feed rate and also is there a way using the secret 3 buttons to trim this feed rate down. I really don't want to get into turning the stove off and on to regulate the temperature.

Thanks
Chet

The first button on the left is the feed rate(marked, "HEAT RANGE"), it controls amount of pellets delivered into burn pot. The second button is the blower fan(marked "BLOWER SPEED"), always keep this setting equal to or greater than the feed rate to prevent overheating. The bottom buttons shouldn't be adjusted without talking to service rep as rap mentioned. You can call the 800 number and they will tell you how to adjust them for lower heat for the early and late season. One thing you can do is close the small plate in the bottom of the hopper more to restrict the amount of pellets that can go into the hopper. I should have mentioned that I have the 55 SHP 10 model. I (or my son) accidentally hit the lower buttons a couple of years ago and really screwed my my burning, I just didn't know what was wrong. The tech support can walk you thru the adjustments, just be by your stove when you call. I have found them to be very helpful. Let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks for the replies. I didn't think of the physical restriction. I will look at it when the hopper is empty. I did send off an email, hopefully I will get a reply

Thanks
Chet

Status
Not open for further replies.