Summertime Blues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dafattkidd

Minister of Fire
Dec 11, 2007
Long Island
I don't know about the rest of you, my beloved wood burner friends, but tonight I wish it was cold and windy, and I had a fire blazing in my stove. I love summer, but man I miss burning wood.

I can't believe how ridiculous I am- pining for winter in the middle of summer- Well I figured if anyone was going to understand my sickness it would be the members on this site. Anyone else missing burning tonight?

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
Oh yeah, I remember...I was 10 years old in 1958 ;lol

I know how you feel brother...just hate the heat and dry weather here. I am ready for the stove and some cool weather.
I am ready to open the windows up until it gets below 50 in the house...and its not even August yet(our worst month)..<>

NOOOOO! We've only had 6 days over 70. :eek:
I've had a few fires thru Spring & one about 2 weeks ago.
It'll get here soon enough.

Go build a camp fire :) LOL :)
I have a fire pit out back & get my "fire fix" there with a fire 3 or so times a week.

I'm looking forward to fall & cutting some more wood after hunting season.
With our 6 + months of winter, I'm never in a hurry to wish winter in :)

But yet, I understand. Just not in a hurry here yet :)

NOOOOO! We've only had 6 days over 70. :eek:
I've had a few fires thru Spring & one about 2 weeks ago.
It'll get here soon enough.

Go build a camp fire :) LOL :)
I have a fire pit out back & get my "fire fix" there with a fire 3 or so times a week.

I'm looking forward to fall & cutting some more wood after hunting season.
With our 6 + months of winter, I'm never in a hurry to wish winter in :)

But yet, I understand. Just not in a hurry here yet :)

Its very different down here in the summer to up there...my winter is like your summer for alot of it...ha
Its still 88 deg outside right now and I cant burn in my firepit either...been under a burn ban since the end of May...:(
So I am ready...:)

We've had 78 minutes over 80 in Seattle and it's 55F outside right now. I'm ready for summer when it's ready.

I friggin miss the stove....burning outside does not cure my fire fixation...
Just sayin...dammit laughing.gif

Reactions: PapaDave
Well it's been a great summer for drying wood! It hasn't rained for weeks (although it's thundering right now!). I am jonesing for fall.

Nah . . . I pretty much burn year round . .. if it's not wood in the woodstove, it's wood for the camp fire or burn pit. Personally, as much as I enjoy the winter I think I enjoy the nice weather in the summer even more . . . more camping, more swimming, more ATVing, etc. It will get plenty cold soon enough . . . I mean it's only been a couple of months since I stopped burning inside.

I don't miss it a bit. The longer the heater is down the better off, just don't send any 100 degree temps this way.

zap

I miss burning wood. This Summer has been hot and humid, I have been running the AC window unit for part of June and most of July. Last year I ran it for around 7 days total for the whole Summer. The big pain of this heat is that I can't get outside to cut wood, to hot, and when it does cool down into the 80's I have to mow the lawn.

Much easier hauling electrons in for the air conditioners than splits for the stove. I will be ready for the stove around November. And sick of it by Christmas.

But it never fails that come the last week of September or first week of October I have to light one up.

WOW very few people wishin for winter to commence except here and polar bears waiting for the bay to freeze up,oh and the ice road truckers too. My formula: Every cold winter day is spent not far from the wood stove, and every summer day over 85 is spent in the pool.

Reactions: firefighterjake
Its funny because during the day if I love that it's summer time, but it's at night when I miss the caveman tv.

I love to be outside and every year older that I get, the summer heat is more oppressive to me. I'm looking for ward to long sleeve or even sweater flannel weather. I also wish that I could power the central AC with wood.

I love to be outside and every year older that I get, the summer heat is more oppressive to me. I'm looking for ward to long sleeve or even sweater weather. I also wish that I could power the central AC with wood.
Sweater? How about a nice flannel?:cool:

That's what I meant to say! Men don;t wear sweaters! Thanks for setting me straight there.

Reactions: Defiant
Status
Not open for further replies.