Summertime wood price?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
I may unload a few cords of red oak ,stacked three years and top covered all prime stuff,what can I expect to sell this for?

What the market will bear where you live
Here the price for seasoned is 350$

I see your location as Northeastern Ohio - I'm in central OH, and a seasoned cord of wood went for ~$200 in the winter last year. There's still so much ash on the market that I think prices are depressed a little. I sold a good amount last year and into this spring, but nobody in my area was over $225 / cord delivered. If you advertise it specifically as oak and not just "firewood" you might do a little better.

Can’t help but think that your wood should be considered infinitely more valuable than other “seasoned wood” you be competing with. You are selling great fuel indeed. I would advertise it as such and ask significantly higher than the going rate in your area. You just may link up with a buyer who actually knows the importance of dry wood and will pay you accordingly.

Very few know the importance of properly seasoned wood or the nuances of different species. Unless you say pine. Everybody knows that pine will burn your house down.

Market price for seasoned firewood is what you can expect to get.

Reactions: JimBear