Summit Burning Until Spring!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Willhound

Feeling the Heat
Nov 20, 2005
Northern Ontario, Canada
Woke up this morning to a cold rainy day (high of 9C (48 F) and a leak in the roof. Figured that since I was going up there anyway, I'd give the liner a quick sweep. Got about two handfuls of powdered flake and a few chunks. Cleaned the glass and dusted off all the hearth. Just lit the Summit as I flick back and forth between the CFL and NFL games on the tube. Temps all week supposed to be hovering around 50 F during the day and just above freezing at night, so looks like pretty much steady burning from here on in 'til late May, if like most years.
Dogs are both laying belly to the fire (and so am I). Bring it on....I'm ready.

Willhound said:
Woke up this morning to a cold rainy day (high of 9C (48 F) and a leak in the roof. Figured that since I was going up there anyway, I'd give the liner a quick sweep. Got about two handfuls of powdered flake and a few chunks. Cleaned the glass and dusted off all the hearth. Just lit the Summit as I flick back and forth between the CFL and NFL games on the tube. Temps all week supposed to be hovering around 50 F during the day and just above freezing at night, so looks like pretty much steady burning from here on in 'til late May, if like most years.
Dogs are both laying belly to the fire (and so am I). Bring it on....I'm ready.
Sounds like the good life to me. Molsons?

Enjoy. That Summit ought to last one more season. :)

It was 91 here today and I would settle for 70 and sunny on Christmas Day but I don't think it is gonna happen so the stoves are cleaned, the wood is covered and we shall see.

.[/quote] Sounds like the good life to me. Molsons?[/quote]

Sort of. Coors Lite. Believe it or not, just about the top selling beer in Canada now is Coors Lite.......but brewed by Molson's under license. Actually, I could be wrong, but I think Molson's bought a controlling interest in Coors a few years back. I've travelled quite a bit in the U.S. and there is quite a bit of difference between the Coors Lite here and there. If in the U.S. I actually prefer Bud Lite.
I know.......many fine brands to be had, Sam Adams, Yeung Ling, Michelob etc., but when you drink it by the gallon like I usually do on a Sunday, the lite stuff sits better.

Yeah B.B., I should get another year out of the Summit, but actually, when I pulled the baffle today to sweep, I notice the top plate was warped a bit. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse I might talk to the dealer about warranty. 'Course I burned this thing more in the last 2 1/2 years than most people burn in 10.

Willhound

Not quite burning time for me yet, but It's getting close. Highs in the upper 60's, lows in the 40's this week. The walleys are bitting, the Packers won, and Leinenkugles has their Oktoberfest brew out.

Todd said:
Not quite burning time for me yet, but It's getting close. Highs in the upper 60's, lows in the 40's this week. The walleys are bitting, the Packers won, and Leinenkugles has their Oktoberfest brew out.

Yeah that cold front Willhound is sending down is coming right over the top of you eh? I hope it does its job and pushes Gabrielle back away from us. If not we are going to get drenched.

Willhound said:
Sounds like the good life to me. Molsons?[/quote]

Sort of. Coors Lite. Believe it or not, just about the top selling beer in Canada now is Coors Lite.......but brewed by Molson's under license. Actually, I could be wrong, but I think Molson's bought a controlling interest in Coors a few years back. I've travelled quite a bit in the U.S. and there is quite a bit of difference between the Coors Lite here and there. If in the U.S. I actually prefer Bud Lite.
I know.......many fine brands to be had, Sam Adams, Yeung Ling, Michelob etc., but when you drink it by the gallon like I usually do on a Sunday, the lite stuff sits better.

Yeah B.B., I should get another year out of the Summit, but actually, when I pulled the baffle today to sweep, I notice the top plate was warped a bit. I'll keep an eye on it and if it gets worse I might talk to the dealer about warranty. 'Course I burned this thing more in the last 2 1/2 years than most people burn in 10.

Willhound[/quote]

WH, my top plate over baffle was also slightly bowed. I straightened it by hand. Just a tad too thin for the span it covers is my take on it.
Good to see ya around again.

Todd said:

Ahhh, thats why I like WI. 'cept for the Packers part (not fishing for a fib/cheesehead thing here). Love this season, walleyes are co-operating, air is starting to cool, Oktoberfests are popping up everywhere, and I'm NOT SWEATING. Love it.

Just about time to start making 2009 firewood.

Todd said:

Ahh, to be on "Leinie's Time"! I haven't had any since the last time my friend in Eau Claire sent some.

That Summit should run all winter on 1/2 a damp toothpick, right? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.