summit owners please help!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceman

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2006
Springfield Ma (western mass)
My summit insert door handle has a lot of play in it.. how do i tighten it?? there is so much play i don't think i have a good seeal around the door anymore....Help!!!

i did the what was said i have a lot of play with the handle itself, it moves up down, left right and so forth is there a way to tighten just the handle

iceman said:
i did the what was said i have a lot of play with the handle itself, it moves up down, left right and so forth is there a way to tighten just the handle

Maybe you are missing the wave washer that goes between the handle and the outside of the door. There should also be a snap ring holding the handle in place on the inside.

Your model has a spring washer and spacer washer on the outside, and X spacer washers on the inside, the X being determined by the thickness of your particular door. The whole assembly is locked in with a bent wire that passes through a hole through the handle shaft on the inside of the door. If the bent wire has been sheared off. you can replace it with a bent nail. If you don't have sufficient washers on the inside, pull the bent wire and add X washers as needed to tighten the assembly.

the bent washer is still there i will check more in the mornng when the stove cools down a bit:)

Status
Not open for further replies.