Summit/T6 Primary/Secondary air inlet to the box

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, the reason I ask is that I cannot see any holes when the manifold is removed. How about the secondaries is the secondary enter the box from the same place or from the back?

I notice that when there are too many hashes in the box I need to increase air, probably because the hashes cover the holes and it restrict air inlet, is that possible?

thx again

10-cc said:
Thanks, the reason I ask is that I cannot see any holes when the manifold is removed. How about the secondaries is the secondary enter the box from the same place or from the back?

I notice that when there are too many hashes in the box I need to increase air, probably because the hashes cover the holes and it restrict air inlet, is that possible?

thx again

It is ~ 3" rectangular box under the manifold in the center.

I believe I notice the same, and it burns best with less ash.

the main air goes in at the bottom front.its controlled by air lever that you control.that air goes up then down over the window (air wash).
the secondaries go in from the bottom back of the box,underneath.it isnt controlled.
the boost manifold is the air that goes in through the EBT at the front bottom of the box then through those holes inside bottom front of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.