Sunday morning score and ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
Thanks to PADOT I grabbed a lil cedar, mulberry, possibly some dogwood? And some pine. I grabbed what I could and got out of there as I have my work truck, I was heading to the car wash for it's weekly bath. I spotted this pile yest and wanted to get a little closer this morning. Glad I did, and I see they are working the I ther side also
8ae8beca6c2788e1e92f457f649c426e.jpg
4f6ccd19b7e84a721eb195a4478bf680.jpg
05c67a274cd7ef6ec40eb2917792207b.jpg
db357f7f827f403ea363e8ef519f9656.jpg

Reactions: Osagebndr
Not sure what the last pic is that's what I'm wondering. I wanted to get it under cover of darkness since I was getting it off the side of the Hiway and I didn't want anyone calling our office and dime-ing me out. Covert op lol

Reactions: Soundchasm
One of my buddies who used to work for me when I was a foreman works for the DOT now, I'll have to see if he can hook a brother up when they do the other side of the Hiway ;)

That's even better. Around here the DOT has them ground up and put In the road bed, what a waste

There's a dump area where the Hiway splits that's probably 1/8 mile wide they use. I asked him if I could go there and pick some out, he said he can't give me permission but enter at my own risk. They have cameras there and the state troopers like to hang out there also. No need to get arrested scrounging firewood

I figured instead of an hour on the computer I'd be productive. Might split the last of the ash tops from the tree I dropped 2 weeks ago. About a pickup load, if I get that split and stacked that's over 1.5 cord from that tree alone. Then I won't feel bad about watching football the rest of the day

Covert Op.....then posting pics and plate # on the net? LOL

Reactions: D8Chumley
It seems like around me, anytime I see road side scrounges available, it is always when I have no time to stop, or are in the wrong vehicle.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Well I am responsible to keep the work truck looking good even though it has 219k on it. So with that said, I run it through the car wash once a week. Usually Sunday morning early, so the way I see it I was just killing 2 birds with one stone, if you will. If I get more I will have to use my truck more than likely and that's no big deal but with my truck having a big toolbox and a 5.5' bed I can grab more with the work truck

Status
Not open for further replies.