Sundogs & Rainbows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods

Attachments

• 100_4362.jpg
    100_4362.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 100_4363.jpg
    100_4363.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 372
The old saying was either 7 days of cold or a change in the weather. I've noticed more like 5 days of cold when it happens during mid winter but many times, nothing of note happens. They sure are neat to see though.

Interesting read on that link. Even I understood it.......I think. :coolsmile:
So, is it snowing yet zap? Hemlock or buck it up?
Oh, and have you decided to mill the Hemlock or buck it up?

PapaDave said:
Interesting read on that link. Even I understood it.......I think. :coolsmile:
So, is it snowing yet zap? Hemlock or buck it up?
Oh, and have you decided to mill the Hemlock or buck it up?

We left the biggest for milling, the rest is all bucked up for shoulder season wood for next fall. Sunday will be a busy day, wood has to come in along with a truck load or two of that Hemlock has to come out of the woods, have you ever burned it before?

zap

Very nice Zap. I have never seen nor heard of a sundog rainbow. You taught me something new today. :)

GAMMA RAY said:
Very nice Zap. I have never seen nor heard of a sundog rainbow. You taught me something new today. :)

I never heard of it until I showed my wife the picture, looks like a big smile in the sky.

zap

Keep watch of the sky especially during late January to mid March as that seems to be when we see the most.

Never heard of nor have seen that type of rainbow.. Great pics and timing.. Sometimes rainbows can be hard capture but yours look great..

Ray

Neat . . . never heard of this or seen this before . . . thanks for sharing.

firefighterjake said:
Neat . . . never heard of this or seen this before . . . thanks for sharing.

Jake everyone knows that nothing ever happens in Maine!!

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.