Sunny day wood cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Was 20° when I left this AM. Got up to 28° by the time I was in the woods felling trees.
Got a good load. Used the cant hook to help get the logs off the road & cut easier.
The ground is frozen hard so not much dirt, chain stayed sharp all day :)
Oh, yea, my water jug started freezing up, put it inside the truck to warm up.
Home by 4:30 & the color of the wood stack looked like it would make a good picture.

Frozen ground
100_8179.JPG 100_8181.JPG

Home & pic of mts...................................& wood stack before off load
100_8185.JPG 100_8183.JPG

Off loaded:
100_8195.JPG 100_8197.JPG

Wood pile is looking better all the time Dave, but I notice in your pictures you have a greenhouse in the background. I was curious what you grow in there? You can refuse to answer the question if the answer may be incriminating to yourself. ;)

Looks great Dave. Keep up the good work

Wow Dave. Looks like you're going to get another year's worth before too long.
How much more can you get with the permit?

Current permit is for another 3 cords. Allowed 10 cord per year. After Dec 31st, I can get more permits (up to 10 cords in 3 cord minimum).
If I get 3 more , I'll have 8 cords out back in the seasoning rows. CSS'd this year.

fir wd pmt1.jpg

i just want to know when your going to sell me a small piece of land to build a house on because that view is stunning

Great work nice pics.

Dave, I call those temperatures ideal for wood cutting. You are doing really fine at it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.