Super Awesome Hybrid Lawnmower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty slick. But for three grand I better be able to shove some snow around with it.

Reactions: D8Chumley
Not surprised as that is a serious safety issue ... with blades spinning when they are supposed to be off.

Oooo dang yea CR did bash it pretty good! Cool idea but seems its needs some refinement.

Pretty cool. If only it was 4wd.
I wish the Yamaha quad with a PTO and mower attachments would have caught on better. My rought terrain a standard riding mower is useless. And borrowing a Kubota bx22 always feels like overkill. So I end up with a little old case garden tractor for the yard, borrowing a Kubota bx22 for the hill sides, and keeping a 4x4 quad for pulling wood and fun. If only you could really have it all in one.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Pretty cool. If only it was 4wd.
I wish the Yamaha quad with a PTO and mower attachments would have caught on better. My rought terrain a standard riding mower is useless. And borrowing a Kubota bx22 always feels like overkill. So I end up with a little old case garden tractor for the yard, borrowing a Kubota bx22 for the hill sides, and keeping a 4x4 quad for pulling wood and fun. If only you could really have it all in one.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

They make pull mowers for dragging behind your quad. Then throw a little generator in your basket gizmo in the front and your golden. The other 98 percent of the time you have a kickass quad not a stupid lawnmower/generator.

Reactions: Lcback
It looks like Consumer Reports has a newer report on these, suggesting they've fixed some issues, but others remain:
http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...on-t-improve-the-raven-hybrid-mower/index.htm

I tend to shy away from "jack-of-all-trades" tools because they're always "masters of none," but I have a hilly property where my rider sometimes struggles, the all-electric transmission has potential if done right to prove highly reliable in the long run, and the ability to serve as a backup generator is a bonus, so I'm at least intrigued.

And a space frame is way cooler than stamped sheet metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.