1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Super Cedar Free Samples/Discount Code

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by NWfuel, Sep 16, 2013.

1. bag of hammers

bag of hammers Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern ON
    Thanks guys for the sanity checks.

4 fires started now each with 1/4 puck. So far so good. The outside fire pit is calling me now too (bit of snow falling today, overnight freezing, lots of stuff to burn up) so I'll probably use one out there too just for fun.
    NWfuel likes this.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. 2stoveshome

2stoveshome New Member

Loc:
    MA
    I got my 100 pack and used it with the pellet basket last week. Being cheap....I broke one super cedar into 8 piece and use 4 of them to start the fire with pellets in the pellet basket. (Put four of them in a line with short distance between them). I did not use kindling wood at all. Fire started without issue although it took about 30-45 minutes to get the fire in whole burning state. No draft/smoke problem. Very happy with the result.
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    NWfuel likes this.
  3. Gunny

Gunny Member

Loc:
    S.E Michigan
    OHHHH, man, ordered online and then did a search on this site. Let's see, check in the box. No Search: check, No discount: Check, My fault: Check, Stupid on my behalf: Check. Live and learn. Sent an email to the company but I cannot blame them for anything.
  4. metalsped

metalsped Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Quabbin Woods
    Just sent my email off to see what this is all about. Look forward to seeing how awesome these things are. thanks
  5. Paul L

Paul L Member

Loc:
    Westcliffe, CO
    Sent an email two weeks ago. No response, no samples. Looks like a great product though.
  6. isipwater

isipwater Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    I got my two samples and broke them into several pieces. I can break each puck into about 6 pieces and one small bit does the job! I have also tried fatwood with less desirable results than the Super Cedars.
  7. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Should of received them by now! How about we get your ship to info again and I will give it another try. This seems to happen once a year:)
    Thomas
    Paul L likes this.
  8. Gunny

Gunny Member

Loc:
    S.E Michigan
    Hey NWfuel, I just want to say thanks for extending me the discount even though you didn't have to.
    NWfuel likes this.
  9. Nutmeg Warrior

Nutmeg Warrior New Member

Loc:
    CT
    I just received my box of super cedars which I ordered after having great luck with the free samples. Free samples are smart business by the way. These starters are exactly what I needed. I have a big cat stove that normally takes a long time to get going from a cold start. And I do a lot of cold starts with my busy schedule. Super cedars are saving me so much time. I get up to temp faster and the cat lights off earlier. Thanks and keep making them.
    NWfuel likes this.
  10. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Your welcome, we try to extend the discount to all hearth.com members even when the discount is not asked for. Way less work to do it ahead of time then to go back and adjust.

Hope all members who have requested the free samples have received them. If not please email us and see whats up!

Thomas
  11. Paul L

Paul L Member

Loc:
    Westcliffe, CO
    Thanks Thomas. I have received my samples and love your product. It's great that you can easily break off the size you need for a particular fire. You have acquired a new customer for a couple pucks and less than $3 shipping. You guys do it right.
    NWfuel likes this.
  12. BurningBrutus

BurningBrutus Member

Loc:
    Amherst, NY
    HI Thomas, how do i go about getting free samples, i would love to try them out

thank you
  13. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Go here:

http://www.supercedar.com/

The free sample thing isn't mentioned on his website, but if you e-mail him your mailing address and mention Hearth.com, they'll be on the way to you.
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Washington
    I just got a box of 100. That's the best buy. With what I still have from last year, it should last through this season and next, and I build a new fire every day. If you just use them at home, get the "green" option. No need to have each piece individually wrapped and it's more convenient to use.
  15. Paul L

Paul L Member

Loc:
    Westcliffe, CO
    The only thing I didn't care for was the shrink wrap. 100 Green on the way ... perfect.

Thomas do you folks have these placed in any retail locations or are you 100% web based? Just curious ... this product is so much better than anything available on retail shelves around here.
  16. Sprinter

Loc:
    SW Washington
    I'm sure Thomas will answer this, but I have seen them online under various other names. Usually at just under $2 each when bought individually. Direct, bulk is the way to go for sure.
  17. metalsped

metalsped Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Quabbin Woods
    Tested one of the sample discs on my burn in fire... works really well! Need to check the site for pricing now. Thanks for the samples... very few companies are willing to do such things these days. It does not go unnoticed, or unappreciated.
    NWfuel likes this.
  18. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    Paul,
    Under the Super Cedar label our product is not available in many areas at the retail level. Hearth.com members get the best deal for our product by purchasing through our online store www.supercedar.com. We are also happy to invoice hearth.com members if they prefer to pay by check. Just email us at info@supercedar.com tell us what you want and they are on the way. We love the hearth.com members and the guys that run it.
    Thomas
    Paul L likes this.
  19. jaychino415

jaychino415 Member

Loc:
    san bruno, ca
    Thanks Lara and Thomas for the SuperCedar samples. Just got the in the mail today.
    NWfuel likes this.
  20. luv2byte

luv2byte Member

Loc:
    Southwest Washington state
    These things are awesome! I've been giving away pucks at work when coworkers ask me about what we use for our fires love them!
    NWfuel likes this.
  21. BurningBrutus

BurningBrutus Member

Loc:
    Amherst, NY
    I just received mine yesterday and used my first one today. I broke one in half. Put 2 large splits in to the left and to the right of it, put a piece on top so the flame would hit it with air still getting in. Lit the puck, then i completely loaded the stove up. In 20 min i had a wonderful fire going. I will be ordering a case of 100 and never use kindling again. I love them, thank you very much for the samples!
    NWfuel likes this.
  22. Phoenix Hatchling

Phoenix Hatchling Minister of Fire

Loc:
    New Fairfield, CT
    How do you get the discount applied when ordering on the website? I received the samples a week ago and would like to purchase, but no mention of what the discount code is for hearth.com members.
    NWfuel likes this.
  23. NWfuel

NWfuel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mukilteo,Washington
    (hearth13) in the discount field.
  24. Gunny

Gunny Member

Loc:
    S.E Michigan
    I know this has been mentioned many many times before but oh well. I want to thank NWfuel for the order of super cedars that my girlfriend received from me to our home. As most of you already know I am in Afghanistan with the Marines and ordered 100 super cedars from the website. My girlfriend @ home received them and I explained how to use them. I also told here about this website and how the members swear by them. She, reluctantly, has just started burning a small amount of wood at night as our dogs (2) American Bulldogs both stay in my large outbuilding heated by a wood burner. This woman has always had a hard time with starting fires, more kindling than wood half the time to get it going. Talked to her yesterday and by god NO KINDLING! Her words "these things are awesome". The most amazing thing is, she did it with only 1/2 of a puck. I just wanted to convey a happy and lifelong customer. Thanks again! For any new members out there considering a purchase, pony up and you will see for yourself!
    stayfitz and NWfuel like this.
  25. Sprinter

Loc:
    SW Washington
    Soon she'll be down to 1/4 puck.

Take care over there, get back safe, Gunny!
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013