Super Cedar Free Samples

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now only using a quarter of one to start a fire. Still works great and is very easy to use.

SOX 3 OAK 2

GO SOX

I have to agree with the rest. I threw 1 in and lit it...not alot going on. 2 minutes later I was amazed at the fire! You guys are right...a quarter is probably plenty. I am going to order some of these for next year!!!

I got my free sample and already used it. Thanks a lot, they work really well.

I broke mine up into quarters and it would start the fire fine. I will be ordering some more.

Since I ran out of super cedars, I have been using newspapers to get the fire going each night (goes out during the day due to crap wood I am burning). Basically I put some splits on the bottom, some 2x4s from oak pallets and then the smaller pieces from the pallets. Continue to throw paper in until the wood lights. But I was spoiled with the super cedars, I could just put in 1/4 of one and within a minute shut the door and the top damper and walk away.

Last night I picked up a small box of another kind of firestarter by Rutland. (Sorry I have not gotten off my lazy butt to order more yet) I broke off two pieces and used them to get the fire going. They work OK, but I like the super cedars better. Bigger flame and seems to be hotter.

Break down on costs...

Rutland - 24 pieces for $3. I used 2 per fire. Cost per fire... $0.25
Super Cedars -
30 pieces for $30. Break each one into 1/4 to make 120 pieces and use 1 per fire. Cost per fire...$0.25
or
100 pieces for $60. Break each one into 1/4 to make 400 pieces and use 1 per fire. Cost per fire...$0.15

So at worst, super cedars costs the same and seem to work better. But when you order more, then they are cheaper. Thanks again for the free sample, youu got my business.

Status
Not open for further replies.