Super Cedars in grocery store

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fireview2788

Minister of Fire
Apr 20, 2011
SW Ohio
I was in Northern Ohio earlier this week due to my mom having knee replacement surgery (everything went well) and we needed some fixings to make chili. We walk into the local grocery store that is in a small farming town and what catches my eyes? A box of Super Cedars where they are selling then individually! My wife even noticed and asked if that was what I was using. It was great to see them getting out there and selling!

fv

I wish they would bring them to our local stores here in NY, it would be a big seller. I know a bunch of people that will buy them. I usually get the ones at the Wally World and they arent nearly as good.

They were selling for .99 each but a lot cheaper to order them direct.

fv

I ordered some free samples yesterday. Can't wait until they arrive.

Backwoods said:
How did you order them? through their website?

Yep, you can get them through the website.

fv

fireview2788 said:
Yep, you can get them through the website.

fv

Too bad our Krogers don't carry them!

fireview2788 said:
I was in Northern Ohio earlier this week due to my mom having knee replacement surgery (everything went well) and we needed some fixings to make chili. We walk into the local grocery store that is in a small farming town and what catches my eyes? A box of Super Cedars where they are selling then individually! My wife even noticed and asked if that was what I was using. It was great to see them getting out there and selling!

fv

Where abouts in Northern Ohio? (Town?)

Im a hige fan of SC's.

This was in Grafton, south of Elyria.

fv

Woodstock also sells them singly.

fireview2788 said:
This was in Grafton, south of Elyria.

fv

Im about 15 minutes Southwest of Grafton. Frequent there often, as its one of my routes home from work. (Like to mix up my drive / almost 60 miles one way / Work in Cleveland and live in Sullivan)

Small world, I grew up outside of Grafton in the township. My dad was an officer in North Ridgeville, where my wife is from, and my mom lives in Elyria. They have them at Sparkle Market there in town.

fv

Backwoods said:

Do you happen to have a link? I keep hearing about them and would try them for free to see if I'd like to buy them...but I couldn't find anywhere to get a sample on the site...

fireview2788 said:
Small world, I grew up outside of Grafton in the township. My dad was an officer in North Ridgeville, where my wife is from, and my mom lives in Elyria. They have them at Sparkle Market there in town.

fv

I grew up in Lorain. Stomping grounds were there and Elyria (Mainly the Mall).

Where I live now, my next door neighbor is Amish. Much more peaceful out here.

Thanks for the info.

eclecticcottage said:
Backwoods said:

Do you happen to have a link? I keep hearing about them and would try them for free to see if I'd like to buy them...but I couldn't find anywhere to get a sample on the site...

http://www.supercedar.com/index.php
I think you have to use the email address on the bottom of the page and tell them you want free samples and you heard of them on Hearth.com...
Warning...your fire starting technique will never be the same.....they are the best... :)

KatWill said:
Backwoods said:
How did you order them? through their website?

Someone here asked about them yesterday, and someone else posted the email, so I asked via email and got a response right away. Should get them soon. I will quarter them, and see how they work.

I was quite hesitant when I ordered 2 boxes of 56. I ended up giving half a box away to friends for them to try!

The reviews of them on this website are amazing. ANd now I know why!! I love them! No more frigging around with newspaper, smoke galore, paper going out, running around to add more paper, blah blah blah. 1/4 cut in 2 or 1/2 cut in 2 = one raging fire after 5 minutes!

Hope you like them!

Andrew

I saw them at Fred Meyer the other night and got one for .99. I cut it up into several pieces and used one for the first time tonight. Kind of neat. I don't know if I'll abandon the old fashioned method of newspaper, but I had to give them a try after seeing them mentioned so much here.

Status
Not open for further replies.