Super? Cedars?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainemac

Mar 10, 2008
Maine
OK OK I have heard from so many people about this on this forum.
I took the plunge and today arrived a box of SuperCedar Firestarters.
Test Fire tonite after work!

Tom

We were just kidding.

I didnt see their 15% off thread until it was 2 days past expiration. Been using the firestarters from duraflame, 48 for $18 or so from BJ's wholesale. They work great, even split in half. They make you look like a real fire starting hero lol. I should try these cedars next!

just use a half or even a quater of one
i use half's

Most of us use quarters.

Backwoods Savage said:
Most of us use quarters.

Dennis could start a fire by rubbing two frozen logs together. When lighting with Super Cedars he uses cedar dust from the wrappers. :lol:

Dennis is the Chuck Norris of wood burning. He just glares at the wood and it ignites.

..And Saint Attila raised the Super Cedar up on high, saying,
"O Dennis, bless this Thy Super Cedar that with it Thou mayest ignite Thine fire down to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."
And Dennis did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and
orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu...

AND Dennis spake, saying,
“First thou shall open the holy wrapper of thine Super Cedar.
Then thou must divide thee into fourths. One fourth shall
be the number of the counting and the number of the counting
shall be one fourth. One fifth shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou
count one half, excepting that thou then proceedeth to one quarter. One sixth is
right out. Once the number one fourth, being the number of the
counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Super Cedar into
the direction of thine fire, who, being naughty in my sight, shall
ignite.â€

pen

pen said:
"O Dennis, bless this Thy Super Cedar that with it Thou mayest ignite Thine fire down to tiny bits, in Thy mercy."
And Dennis did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and

count one half, excepting that thou then proceedeth to one quarter. One sixth is
ignite.â€

pen

Python! :lol:

I emailed them last week and asked for a sample. Got a reply the same day saying that they were in the mail. I'll test when i get the samples and buy a box soon there after. cant wait for the samples.

Some day when you are bored try this : first collect a few dyer cycles of lint place enough in each section of an egg container to fill each compartment then cover with parafin wax, used candles work ...makes a great fire stater plus you are recycling .

Pfft... I own a Blaze King... I can't even remember the last time I had to light a fire...

BrotherBart said:
Dennis is the Chuck Norris of wood burning. He just glares at the wood and it ignites.

pen said:

ignite.â€

pen

OMG. that was spectacular. My kids look at me like I'm all a fool when I quote the Holy Grail.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, that is a keeper for sure. You should have seen and heard my wife as I read Pen's post! Pen, that was simply amazing.

Tony, you get the blame for starting this one! :lol:

Bart, you have this all wrong. It is the ornery one who stares at the wood and it either splits or ignites, depending upon the look...

Status
Not open for further replies.