Super27 ramblings and questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndburn

Sep 11, 2015
oregon
From a recommend on this site I purchased the Super 27 last year. This will be our second winter using the stove. I have been completely happy with it's performance. I do however have a few questions I'd like to get some feedback on.

Outside air: our existing hearth setup consisted of a floor register in the rear corner of the hearth that goes directly down into the crawl space, I'm estimating about 1 foot from the rear pedestal of the stove. The installer of the stove removed the knock out and said the register behind the stove would be adequate for air. I hadn't given that much thought until this year and thinking maybe that is not ideal. Should I use some dryer vent hose to run from the knock out and then get creative on mounting the other end to the floor register and sealing around it?

This is probably a silly question but I want to keep it running in tip top shape and the manual made no mention. Is there somewhere in the firebox that I should clean or vacuum so that the air control vent does not get plugged with ash over time?

Lastly, I think I am going to invest in adding the blower this year. I have not called the local dealer yet, but I seem to recall last year it was selling for around $300. Is there any retailer recommends that I can support (online or other) that may be selling an OEM one for less?

Thanks in advance.

You are probably fine with the outside air setup. It does not direct connect to the intake. There is almost zero chance of ash getting into the air intake, nothing to clean there. Yes, the blower is very expensive. Call around to local dealers.

You are probably fine with the outside air setup. It does not direct connect to the intake. There is almost zero chance of ash getting into the air intake, nothing to clean there. Yes, the blower is very expensive. Call around to local dealers.

Thanks begreen, appreciate the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.