SuperCedar Suggestion

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

senorFrog

Aug 31, 2006
I have been using SuperCedars this season and *LOVE* them with one exception. I wish they were wrapped in paper instead of plastic.

I find it hard to remove the plastic without breaking the tab. I try to break the tab inside the stove so all the "sawdust" and particles fall there, thus saving me a cleaning exercise. However, them I'm left with the plastic wrapper which I have to dispose of. Not a big deal for occsional use but I burn 24x7. I Usually use a supercedar in the evening and one in the morning. It's a pain to always have to make that extra trip to the waist basket (and no, I don't want a waist basket next to the woodstove).

Also, a burnable paper wrapper in addition to being cleaner, may lead to the tab catching on fire faster. Right now, sometimes it's a challenge to get the tab to catch fire.

Any SuperCedar users feel the same way?

PS - I know I'm nit-picking. But I feel it would make a good product great.

I know you aren't supposed to burn plastics as a rule, but IMHO the amount of plastic in an SC wrapper is pretty trivial - I doubt it would do any harm to burn it just the way it comes, wrapper and all!

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.