Supercedars

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bbc557ci

Dec 25, 2007
Central NY State
Well I tried my free samples of Supercedars and I must say, they work really well. I broke them into quarters and found that 1 little piece of the pie was easily enough to get a fire going for me. Now I'd like to order some.

They can be ordered with or with out the individule wraping and lable.
I don't believe I'd be using them too often but they do come in handy from time to time. I can see where they would be especially useful during the shoulder seasons when I don't always have a good hot bed of coals from constant or ongoing fires, like in mid winter.

Question.... Seems they must be treated with some kind of chemical to keep them burning for so long. So, if they are ordered with out the wraping, will they dry out, and become less than affective after sitting around for months??

Thanks -

Bill

bbc557ci said:
Well I tried my free samples of Supercedars and I must say, they work really well. I broke them into quarters and found that 1 little piece of the pie was easily enough to get a fire going for me. Now I'd like to order some.

They can be ordered with or with out the individule wraping and lable.
I don't believe I'd be using them too often but they do come in handy from time to time. I can see where they would be especially useful during the shoulder seasons when I don't always have a good hot bed of coals from constant or ongoing fires, like in mid winter.

Question.... Seems they must be treated with some kind of chemical to keep them burning for so long. So, if they are ordered with out the wraping, will they dry out, and become less than affective after sitting around for months??

Hello Bill, The Super Cedars will not dry out. 20 year shelf life. The only fuel source is highly refined paraffin.
Thomas
Thanks -

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.