SuperCharged Opel 2 ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acpeters21

Dec 29, 2013
Nebraska
Ok heres the setup.

Opel 2 louvers, internal fan and central blower, and outside air...2800sqft

Ok so RSF says this fireplace should have no problem heating my house. My brother inlaw has the same fireplace and same setup except he used dedicated duct and Im ducted into existing trunk lines. His house gets 78 or so with just his fireplace running and his house is newer but 3600 sq ft so..

1 check the chain to make sure its tight and getting air.

2 outside air OK

3 opened that door behind the electrical on the bottom right side pulled it open.

4 the air temp when it gets to the furnace is about 102 F

5 If I turn the furnance fan on with the fireplace I can get the house to maintain about 67 F when its about 5 F outside.

6 wood is split and dried for 2 yrs some longer.

Also I re ran my duct work so the air would stay in the new pipe longer so it joins the existing duct work closer to termination so its heat and keeps it velocity so it gets to the rooms I also wrapped all the pipe in fiberglass.

So that's my system here's my proposal to supercharge it

I have a piece of sheet metal with 3/4 magnets on it to place over the top louver so the fan is forced to pull air around the firebox but leaving an air gap for extra heat to escape since I don't have a gravity vent. Doing this increases the air temp in the ducts by 10 degrees or better. Next I want to run a second central air kit off the right side with a second 636 cfm blower and another 8 in line. Any thoughts why this won't work? I wouldn't be increasing the velocity of air just doubling the quantity. If I do this do I dump both 8 in ducts into a 12x24 box and put a huge 1600 cfm blower on that or hook it to my furnace and make my finance pull that air don't really like that idea but...well any thoughts THANKS sorry so long

Status
Not open for further replies.