Superior custom series disgust.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EXCESSIVEFORCE

Feb 16, 2009
I am the "lucky" owner of a superior 42" wood burning fireplace. The 2250 sq ft home was built in 2003,and the living room where the unit is located has a 28' vaulted ceiling. The unit has a blower,but the only thing i get from it is noise and not much air flow.Is there a better option for the blower ,or did i get took? The installer/dealer the builders chose was a real jerk (to be polite),and i refuse to give him another cent !

EXCESSIVEFORCE said:
I am the "lucky" owner of a superior 42" wood burning fireplace. The 2250 sq ft home was built in 2003,and the living room where the unit is located has a 28' vaulted ceiling. The unit has a blower,but the only thing i get from it is noise and not much air flow.Is there a better option for the blower ,or did i get took? The installer/dealer the builders chose was a real jerk (to be polite),and i refuse to give him another cent !

Copied & pasted from Here, look about halfway down:
http://www.fireplacesandwoodstoves.com/product-directory/superior-fireplaces.aspx

Superior HC 42 Wood-burning Fireplace
Consumers took the HC-42 to task in a few dated reviews, giving it a general thumbs down. On the plus side, reviewers said it was a good-looking unit, but that is where the advantages ended. On the downside, the HC-42 was roundly panned for a noisy blower, smoke puff back, and inefficient heat output.

Is this the model you have?

Yes it is unfortunately...Looks like not only was he a jerk,but he put in a piece of junk too !! I wonder what thier "improvements" to this model are,and if they can be retro-fitted to mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.