Supermodified racing anyone? IMSA

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iskiatomic

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2008
Central CT
The ISMA Supermodified tour will be at Stafford Motor Speedway tonight. These things are flat out incredible racing machines, running on alcohol. With a compression ratio of 17:1, a Supermodified engine will easily make over 800 hp. All of those ponies bolted onto a 1,850-pound race car add up to an insane power-to-weight ratio.

Going to be one hot night.

http://www.google.com/search?q=supe...AXk5ZWPBA&sqi=2&ved=0CEAQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=831

KC

Poor Doug

My two favorite types of racecars are sprints and super mods. Went to the "Fastest short track show in the world" at Toledo speedway a couple weeks ago. Always a great time. Just wish the supers were faster than the sprints. How was the show at Stafford?

Cwill, it was a pretty good show, not great. Only 22 cars for the Supers. But, Damn!!!! Are they impressive! They don't come around southern NE to often. I mean yes Waterford, use to be Seekonk, but to enjoy them I think you need at least a half mile track. Just my two cents.

KC

Status
Not open for further replies.