Supervent ceiling support box question?!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twolfe278

Aug 9, 2016
Southern Indiana
I am planning on installing my chimney system tomorrow and have contemplated this gap for a few days.

Is the small gap where the support band attaches to chimney then rests on the ceiling support box anything to worry about? Maybe I am worrying too much? Can I just silicone the small gap when finished? Thanks a million y'all for any advice. I am using all Supervent from menards and lowes.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 191
Don't worry about it. The flue gases travel in the inner liner.

Thanks begreen, I should have asked if it was ok to silicone the outside of the box to keep out unwanteds like bugs, outside air, sound etc. That was my main concern.

It just surprised me to see a commonly purchased product from large retail stores not have tighter fit. Guess that's what I get for buying cheaper products.

A small dab of silicone in that spot should be ok

I did a similar install recently. I used a bead of high temp black silicone on that same spot you have there. Purely for air infiltration/ascetics.

Status
Not open for further replies.