supervent chimney to dvl stovepipe question, please help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting the pictures CK, they helped a lot.

jstel, if you look just below where it says Fast Reply (upper left of the edit box that you are typing in), you'll see Smileys, Etc.. Click on that link to open the world of smileys. Click on the one you like and it will be put in your post at the cursor position like this :snake: . Not gay, but even it if it is I am too old to give a damn.

Thanks BG. Hey let me throw another question at ya if you don't mind...

Is it possible to install a second Tee section on your stainless steel chimney just above your first vertical pipe section with the tee facing out instead of in towards the house? Put a plug on the opening that faces out and use it as a cleanout? My actual tee is below ground level and this cannot be used to get a brush in. I am able to open it to allow creosote to fall out, but just can't get a brush up it due to its closeness to the ground. A second tee if applicable would be at my eye level and enable me to angle a brush up through the tee from the horizontal opening. Is this allowed and has anyone ever done it? It sure would keep me off the roof!

Can't think of why not. I'd watch the cleanout cap area for water entering the pipe, but that may not be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.