SuperVent Rain Cap

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xjcamaro89

Feb 1, 2011
New Castle, PA
I bought my chimney kit at lowes, its a supervent with a deluxe rain cap. I cant get on my roof right now due to all the snow. But i was wondering if there is anyone else out there with this cap, and can tell me if it has a screen in it or not. From the ground it doesnt look like it does, and i cant find any literature on it anywhere online. Thanks!

xjcamaro said:
I bought my chimney kit at lowes, its a supervent with a deluxe rain cap. I cant get on my roof right now due to all the snow. But i was wondering if there is anyone else out there with this cap, and can tell me if it has a screen in it or not. From the ground it doesnt look like it does, and i cant find any literature on it anywhere online. Thanks!

There's no screen for it. I think the non-deluxe model has a screen/spark arrestor.

Ok, good, i was getting worried that i should get up on the roof and check my cap since alot of people seem to be running into clogged caps recently. Not that i have symptoms of it, but i like to be proactive against stuff like this.

Thanks!

I hate that stinking screen..mine is due for another cleaning(yes my wood is a little green). For next year I am going to buy a cheap second cap, gut the screen out of it & install it in Nov. I'll then put the screen cap back on before spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.