Supposed To Be May??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimney Smoke

Minister of Fire
Nov 24, 2013
Maine
But I just got home and started a fire. 43 and raining outside and 60 in the house.

Month of April broke the alltime highest temp record here. And not by just a little. In the 80s today.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Month of April broke the alltime highest temp record here. And not by just a little. In the 80s today.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It's been flip flopping here. In March we had some 70's then it went back cold, April was alternating between above normal and then in the teens at night. Looks like it's mostly leveling out now though.

Saw that on the weather.. my sister just bought a new house out there, about 30min east of Seattle, she said the new house has AC, where the old one they used window units and that was a pain.

Yep I'm burning in May! Strange winter/ spring this year.

Same here cool and rainy during the day very chilly at night. Keep starting fires just to take the chill out of the house.

Reactions: dyerkutn
That's an advantage of your non-cat. It's easy to make a short hot evening or morning fire.

Still burning . . . typically a morning fire, sometimes an evening fire.

Complete yo yo weather. Calling 73 for Sat and 35 for Sun.
Had a nice fire last Mon. But have to admit......I have been flipping the NG switch some mornings.

I've been burning the chunks and uglies once a day to get it above 70 in the house.

Reactions: dyerkutn
Tomorrow is going to be ugly here an I am sure I will be joining in the May wood burning fun by the time I get home from work:)

Oklahoma is also in a flux. While the winter was dry and not too cold, this spring has been nearly opposite. We have had 70's and 80's with high humidity during the day and low 40's at night with heavy dew. I feel odd wanting to run the AC during the day and then wanting heat at night.

The wifey built a fire in the stove tonight. Never really got out of the 40's today. Some weather report said there is a chance of that crazy white stuff. Ick! That being said, one last hurrah in the stove is ok with me.

DSC02429.JPG

we had snow early in the week, today it is 80. my basement seems to stick at 60º, which is kind of nice.....

I don't think I burned hardly at all in April but have fired up now in May a couple times-weird

We are in the reverse down in Aus we are at the end of fall and the weather is beautiful. It was high 70s maybe even 80 s today. It's been a very hot long summer.

Not here, it basically feels like a sauna outside and will till October.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are in the reverse down in Aus we are at the end of fall and the weather is beautiful. It was high 70s maybe even 80 s today. It's been a very hot long summer.
Sounds identical to our weather.

Just keeps on going......

upload_2016-5-13_11-2-35.png

Going to be in the mid 30s here tonight and tomorrow night with a chance of snow flurries tonight. Not really surprised considering the winter we had. Just might get to play with fire and the stove one more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.