Supreme Fusion 18 Reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sab3

Jan 16, 2023
Alberta
Hi all,

New to this forum! Two winters ago we got a Neo 1.6 insert for our main floor living room fp. Love it!

Now we're looking for an insert for the basement fp. Main floor and basement each have their own furnace. When the main floor stove is burning, the main floor furnace doesn't run, but the basement one is going constantly and our gas bills are sky high even though the basement temp is set to low.

We found a few insert options and my preference is the Neo 2.5, but apparently Neo took a hiatus on making inserts for a bit and they aren't available. Next best for fit, price, features, and aesthetics is the Supreme Fusion 18, but I can't find many reviews on it. Only thing I was able to find is there is a risk of warping if it's overfired because of the SS interior.

Anyone out there have a Supreme Fusion 18 and have commentary on it??

Thanks!

Last edited:
We don't see many reports for Supreme products. Most reports are favorable as far as heat output goes. Repeated overfiring can damage any stove and void the warranty. The Fusion is one of the few inserts on the market with a regulated secondary air system, PE being another. This enhances efficiency and prolongs combustion.

Hi all,

New to this forum! Two winters ago we got a Neo 1.6 insert for our main floor living room fp. Love it!

Now we're looking for an insert for the basement fp. Main floor and basement each have their own furnace. When the main floor stove is burning, the main floor furnace doesn't run, but the basement one is going constantly and our gas bills are sky high even though the basement temp is set to low.

We found a few insert options and my preference is the Neo 2.5, but apparently Neo took a hiatus on making inserts for a bit and they aren't available. Next best for fit, price, features, and aesthetics is the Supreme Fusion 18, but I can't find many reviews on it. Only thing I was able to find is there is a risk of warping if it's overfired because of the SS interior.

Anyone out there have a Supreme Fusion 18 and have commentary on it??

Thanks!
Hi there! What did you decide on the Fusion?
Thanks.

We don't see many reports for Supreme products. Most reports are favorable as far as heat output goes. Repeated overfiring can damage any stove and void the warranty. The Fusion is one of the few inserts on the market with a regulated secondary air system, PE being another. This enhances efficiency and prolongs combustion.
There's definitely a lack of info on Supreme! Any chance you can help confirm for me that the Supreme Fusion 18 doesn't use an outside air intake? The manual is here: https://supremem.com/documents/manuals/18FN_MANUAL_EN_JUL20.pdf

If it doesn't, I'm concerned about it pulling cold air in from our not-well-sealed house & compromising the heat in the rooms at the other end of the house. Then again, it's probably more efficient to heat heated air further than -15*C/5*F outside air! I'm new to this, so maybe I've got that wrong. Any comment would be appreciated!