Supreme plus zero clearance fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speeding

Nov 18, 2014
Western Pa
Hello all... Brand new here-- just wonder if anyone else out there has a supreme fireplace.. Just put mine into service and have a few bugaboos

Welcome. We have a few installs reported. Have you tried contacting the company? I found them pretty responsive to emails. What issues are you having?

Hello !
I did contact them and they have been great about communication... I can't keep my glass clean for more than 1 hour after any light up procedure - . (talking almost unviewable)-- all the obvious culprits have been eliminated (fuel- draft- etc..) I think air wash may just be inadequate ... Thoughts?

Has the fuel been tested by resplitting a few logs, then testing them with a moisture meter pressed firmly into the freshly exposed face of wood? To catch us up, what is the source of fuel? How tall is the chimney and what diameter?

Ok-- fuel is mostly maple- some red oak- white oak. Been in my dry basement in reserve 3 years! Chimney is 6" with no offsets- 15' from top of fireplace to cap- great draft and secondary combustion... This guy has a stainless steel fire box- looks a lot like the BIS but bigger ... I can't choke it down for longer burns either.. 2 hrs max to embers without fear of over fire-- so.... ? And I want to stress that supreme has been great... I just wanna know if anyone else has this model/situation... Stay Warm!!

New to this site as well, I just purchased a supreme Duet two sided fireplace and had it installed by a certified WETT installer, the problem I have is, When adding wood there is a large amount of smoke that escapes the fire box, all ideas welcomed

Hello... I too have that same issue... You have to let all the wood get to embers and very slowly open the door... Stack your fuel quickly/ carefully and close the door... I feel this is all a direct relation to stainless steel refractory material and no slope to top exit baffle. A rather fussy unit but it heats my house well... I'm still tinkering... Mostly disenchanted by my glass turning dark by the end of second load... (16% moisture maple) - How's your glass?

how tall are your chimneys?

Status
Not open for further replies.