surge protector with battery

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mbella1026

Dec 9, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
I want to buy a surge protector with battery for my stove. Can anyone recommend one?

An APC Smart-UPS 750.

I have an APC "Smart" UPS 1350va. It seems that it will run my stove for approximately 40 minutes on low, but I assume results may vary.

I want to buy a surge protector with battery for my stove. Can anyone recommend one?
I really like my Cyberpower 1000, it's the PFC model, pure sine wave, AVR (auto voltage regulated), etc. About $130 at NewEgg. If you don't want a pure sine model, the Cyberpower AVR line I'm also happy with. Much better than a basic standby UPS unit. I paid about $45 for a AVR750G at Staples, with a $25 off $75 coupon, which they send out regularly.

I've had numerous APC Smart-UPS, probably at least 5 over the years, and while they were fine, they were extremely basic. not pure sine, not AVR, just standby power units.

You need to decide if you want pure sine wave or modified sine wave when the power goes out, how many watts, run time, and surge protection which is measured in joules..

Status
Not open for further replies.