Surprise Surprise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Had an overnight fire in my 80's buck stove last night. Didn't need to have one today because of the nice weather and the sun heating up the house. To my surprise at 8pm this evening I went to make an evening fire and unbelieveably there were glowing coals from a piece of oak I nestled in the corner last night. I was easily able to start tonights fire from these coals. Thats 19 hours from original start!

The wood gods have smiled upon you and now you will pushing a oak split over in that corner all time to keep a little spark glowing.

Thats funny Tony, that was my thought exactly!

Ha, got you beat, I went 21 hours and still had some coals to rekindle tonight. :coolgrin:

Todd, My stove may be 25 yrs old.

Yes, Todd and I get some pretty good times. I'm older than 25 though....

Status
Not open for further replies.