1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. ArsenalDon

ArsenalDon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Meadow Valley, CA
    Just paid $125 from a local guy. He was very thorough.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. DTrain

DTrain Member

Loc:
    Stow, MA
    $165
  3. DianeB

DianeB Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Foot Hills of the Berkshires
    Ours is $150 for sweep and level 1 inspection during heating season. off season I believe the price goes down by 20%
  4. DianeB

DianeB Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Foot Hills of the Berkshires
  5. Machria

Machria Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Brookhaven, Long Island
    LOL!
  6. TreePapa

TreePapa Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern Calif.
    I paid $160 last year (Los Angeles area) to the same contractor who rebuilt our chimney and fireplace facade after the chimney fire (2 years ago). We have a traditional fireplace w/ a 12" steel chimney above the smoke chamber, so price may be a bit different than for a stove. Reputable sweeps prolly charge about $150 to $200, but I like this contractor, he does good work, and seems to take extra care because he did the chimney rebuild. He's not a full time sweep, he's a General Contractor, so I wouldn't necessary recommend him to others for this.

Prior to the chimney fire, I had skipped a year or maybe two on having chimney swept. Obviously, not a good decision. Personally, it is worth every penny to have someone else sweep the chimney due to how close it is to the edge of the roof. Our roof is not too steep, but even on a 1 story house, the chimney is higher than I am comfortable at that close to the edge. If the chimney were in the center of the house, I might clean our chimney once a year AND have a pro clean it once a year.

Peace,
    - Sequoia
  7. NortheastAl

NortheastAl Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Putnam, NY
    Spoke to a local certified sweep this morning and he told me $120 for the chimney and stove to be cleaned. Said to do it in May when we're done burning. Found him on Angie's List.