Sweeps roof view

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krisrob

Apr 30, 2010
NH
The view from a roof in Gilford Acres, NH
IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2943.jpg

The lake in the picture is none other than lake Winnipesaukee

Is that the Ossipee Range in the background? Are you looking east over the lake?

I believe so. If i recall Alton Bay would be further to the right on the lake. So you are correct it is looking east over the lake.

incredible view. What did the house look like? Did it have the same view or only from the roof? In the picture - you can't see any other houses - yet I know that's not the case.

I'd rather be on a mountain with a view of the lake and some elbow room then a crowded lake front.

I honestly can't remember what that house looked like....LOL. That view was pretty much only seen from the roof. Its amazing what views some people are missing out on. There are houses around with similar views, just can't see one another.

Heres another pic from a different house in the same area.
IMG_3272.jpg

The job has its perks.

Not at the top of the mountain. Can only afford to rent those views.

Those places need a rooftop "observation" deck. Man - a glass of Jack with one ice cube clinking around and a good cigar and I could get me some quality relax points chalked up.

Jags said:
Those places need a rooftop "observation" deck. Man - a glass of Jack with one ice cube clinking around and a good cigar and I could get me some quality relax points chalked up.

YES SIR!
A man after my own heart.
I would only add some acoustic Pearl Jam playing softly in the background.

Krisrob said:

On my Dahlquist DQ10's push with my old Brid (tube) amplifier and Denon head unit. :coolsmile:

nice! love NH!

Jags said:
Krisrob said:

On my Dahlquist DQ10's push with my old Brid (tube) amplifier and Denon head unit. :coolsmile:

I'm not sure Pearl Jam released anything on 8-track Jags......I'll dig through my cassettes, they sit on top of my mid 70's Sansui towers.

Some great pics! Spent a lot of time in that area. Ever been to Abenaki Tower? That was close to where our friends' place was.

Delta-T said:
Jags said:
Krisrob said:

I'm not sure Pearl Jam released anything on 8-track Jags......I'll dig through my cassettes, they sit on top of my mid 70's Sansui towers.

NO 8-TRACKS ALLOWED. Ya can't beat a class A amplifier for pure reproduction. And if you know DQ10s - nuff said. ;-)

Jags said:
Delta-T said:
Jags said:
Krisrob said:

NO 8-TRACKS ALLOWED. Ya can't beat a class A amplifier for pure reproduction. And if you know DQ10s - nuff said. ;-)

dont know anything about DQ10s but that view jack and ice cube I will take your word for it! oh and I will bring the cigars.

Jags said:
Delta-T said:
Jags said:
Krisrob said:

I'm not "in the know" about the DQ10s but I am acquainted with the class a amp, and I'm with you. BTW, whats wrong with 8-track? I thought it was cool, and very stable compared to cassette and vinyl, a bit cluncky sure. My Iron Butterfly 8-Track still plays!!

Sorry for the hijack, I do like the pics of the lake. OP, see if you can get on the roof of Castle in the Clouds and snap some pics from there. I bet that would be snazzy.

The home I own in NH looks west to that very same Ossipee Range. I recognized the distinctive central "peaks". Beautiful country.

Status
Not open for further replies.